Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Part Sixteen, The War Begins; Race to the Front Line

“So are we going to train today?” Kusaru asked as he woke me up.

“What is your problem? Maybe it’s because I was dead once or something, but I don’t remember being this energetic.” I replied in a raspy voice.

“Come on!” He shouted as Ace walked into the room.

“Is there a problem?” he asked.

“Samemaru won’t get up.” Kusaru complained.

“Wow, I’m surprised you got him awake this early.” Ace chuckled.

“Fine!” I said as I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes.

There was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it.” Ace said as he walked to the door, and opened.

“Zenshikou Ace, Inuzuka Kusaru, Inuzuka Samemaru you are requested for a meeting at the Mizukage’s tower.” Kumo said as he looked over the paper.

“You two are still working for Haku?” Ace said as he looked over Kumo’s shoulder and saw Shiro standing behind him.

“Yeah.” Shiro said as he kicked the ground.

“So what does he want this time?” Ace asked.

“I don’t know, he said it’s urgent.” Kumo replied.

“Alright we’ll be there.” Ace responded.



“Great, training this early is bad enough, now we need to go meet with Haku, great.” I said as Ace told us of the meeting.

“When is it?” Kusaru asked.

“Soon,” Ace said. “We should get going.”

“I don’t feel like it.” I said in protest.

“Fine, stay here while Kusaru and I go on a crazy, adventure filled mission.” Ace said.

“Sounds good to me.” I replied.

 “Oh, and the tax man should come by today, so you mind paying when we are gone?” Ace asked.



“I can’t believe you tricked me into coming with you!” I shouted as Ace told Haku how he got me to go to the meeting.

“Don’t worry, it’s probably just a check up on our missions.” Kusaru said as I sank into my chair.

“That’s what I’m worried about.” I said as I sank deeper into my chair.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Sadge said as she walked through the door, “Wow Samemaru! I’m later that I thought.”

“They dragged me here, if it were up to me I’d be at home sleeping or something.” I replied.

“Alright, when Rikka told me what happened at Auberdine, I looked over my documents and found a connection between the scourge in Azeroth and the Dark Army that is slowly forming around Oni-Gakure, and my sources tell me that Tekigou Tsugotsu is the leader of the Dark Army, you  guys, along with Kumo, Shiro, Rikka, and Kanpan, will meet Kaji and Sabaku’s teams near the border of The Land of Shadows and will proceed with Foxx from there.” Haku said as he looked at the four of us.

“What about Searyb?” I asked.

“He’s on a separate mission if he can he’ll join you on the front line.” Haku replied.

“Who is Kanpan?” Sadge asked as she looked over the mission folder.

“He was rescued from the Cloud Village last time we attacked, but don’t worry, he’s on our side, he’s been working with Kumo and Shiro and they’ve been keeping me updated on his behavior.” Haku said. “Now go, we don’t have much time left.”



So the eight of us started out towards the border to the Land of Shadows.

Kumo, Shiro and Kanpan went ahead to make sure the way was clear of any traps, pretty soon we saw the Land of Shadows.

“We are going there?” Rikka asked as she clutched her bow.

“Yup, looks like it.” Said Ace.

“So you’ve finally made it, you’re the Kiri-Gakure ninjas I presume?” A voice said from the shadows.

“Yeah, who are you?”  Kusaru asked.

A similar voice answered: “We work for Foxx, I am Jade and this is my brother Jace.”

A wolf walked from the shadows and then turned into a girl about twenty, followed by another wolf who also turned into a twenty looking guy.

Ace leaned over and said: “ That’s weird.”

I nodded.

“We need to meet Foxx soon, we better start going.” Jade said as she and her brother started walking along the border.

“Ok, we’ll split into two teams, red team will be me, Ace, Samemaru and Kusaru.” Sadge said as we started walking after the two wolves. “Blue Team will be Rikka, Kumo, Shino, and Kanpan. Leave your COM on even if it’s at minimum volume, we need to stay in contact, Blue Team go ahead make sure these guy are for real, Red Team will stay with them until further notice.”

“Got it.” Rikka said as she started running around the group followed by Shiro Kumo and Kanpan.

“Blue Team, this is Red One, I want a COM link test, respond.” Sadge said over the little mic. Connected to her ear piece.

Blue One to Red One, the COM is fine, we’ll keep you up dated.” Rikka said over the COM.



We kept walking for a little bit then static washed over the COM system.

Blue One to Red One, we have reached Foxx’s position, Sabaku’s and Kaji’s groups are already here, we are waiting.” Rikka said over the COM.

“Got it.” Sadge replied. “Jade, my friends have reached Foxx and everyone is waiting, I suggest we step it up a bit.”

“When did she get so pro?” I asked Ace.

“I have no idea.” He responded.

“Oh, I got an idea, Ace why don’t you teleport me and Kusaru to the rendezvous.” I said just loud enough for Kusaru to hear, he turned around.

“It’s Kusaru and I, not me and Kusaru.” He said.

“Whatever.” I said. “So how about it Ace?”

“Alright. Here it goes.”  He said, I grabbed onto Kusaru’s jacket and the three of us vanished.



Red One to Blue One, is the rest of my team there?” Sadge asked over the COM a few minutes after we teleported to the rendezvous.

“Yeah, they are.” Rikka responded.

Ok we are almost there.” Sadge replied.

“So, how’s it going?” Sabaku asked.

“Not too good, I’m tired, I mean we take on Denkouiki’s demon form, plus Denkouiki in his new human form on many occasions, Anti-Various, The Covenant, and now a Dark Army, in what maybe three months. Sometimes I think I’m just going to snap under the pressure.” I replied.

“You got waken up early?”

“Yeah pretty much.”

“There they are.” Jayme said as Jace and Jade appeared on the hill about 200 feet away.

“What took you so long?” Ace asked Sadge as she walked up to him, then she punched him in the arm.

“Ow, that hurt.” He said, as he rubbed his arm.

“Where are we headed?” Kusaru asked.

Foxx looked at him strange, “You look a little young to be here.” She said.

“Hey, I bet I can beat you!” he shouted.

“Hey, I remember my temper.” I said as Kusaru clenched his fists, I walked over to him and pulled him away from Foxx so that he didn’t get hurt.

“Keep that squirt under close watch, we don’t want to tell his parents he got lost on the way to the battle.” Foxx said as she started to walk past the border.

Kusaru then kicked me in the shin and started to run after Foxx.

“You’re going to die!” he shouted as he pulled out a kunai and jumped in the air.

Foxx waved her hand and vines grew from the ground and caught Kusaru mid-jump, and squeezed his arm ‘till he dropped the kunai and then threw him to the floor.



“…and you, Naruto, never really cared. You just wanted to prove to Sakura what a great Shinobi you are, now look what you’ve done. You’ve caused the end of the world, and it’s all your fault Naruto!” a voice shouted from the shadows.

“Who are you?” Naruto asked.

“You don’t know? Think,” the voice said as a feint blue light appeared and an ear piercing sound started to emit from the blue light. “you spent most your life trying to save me, but in the end you killed me!” The light got closer, Naruto could make out a body, the light was in the persons hand. “Now die Naruto!” the person got close enough to make out a face even with the pitch black shadows surrounding them. “Chidori!”

Naruto felt a great pain in his chest.

He groaned: “S…Sauske.” Then there was nothing but darkness.



Naruto woke up sweating, looked around and saw a mirror start to form at the foot of his bed.

After the mirror finished forming, Haku stepped out followed by Gaara.

“When we sent them out there I didn’t know what they would be facing, now I know, even with Foxx’s squad they are going to need backup.” Haku said.

“Sauske.” Naruto said.

Gaara nodded.



As we drew closer to the front line, there was an over whelming stench.

“We are almost there.” Jace said as he sniffed the air.

“How can you tell?” Ace asked.

“We are fighting and army of the dead, that is the rotten stench filling the air each time we step closer the scent gets stronger, and as far as I can tell we are not far away.”

“That’s great.” Ace said as he looked over at me, and I was holding my nose and trying not to breathe., then he looked at Kusaru who was doing the same.

“Oh yeah, he’s related to Kiba.” Ace said as he realized that unless the stench went away neither Kusaru or I would be good in battle.



“Searyb are you close to finishing?” Haku asked over a private COM channel.

I am close to finishing, the spark reactor, it’s to advanced in the big machine, but I got the little ones going.” Searyb replied.

“Ok, how many of the smaller ones are ready?” Haku asked.

“About one hundred.” Searyb replied.

“Alright, I’m coming to get them.” Haku said as he opened an Ice Mirror to Searyb’s lab.

“You gather everyone, and meet me at the border.” Haku said right before he stepped through the mirror.

“Let’s go.” Naruto said.

Gaara nodded.



“I’m sensing a spike in energy levels over this ridge.”  Foxx said as she stopped.

“Holy crap.” Kumo said as he saw the massive army of undead shinobi, enemy shinobi, and Covenant stragglers.

“There’s got to be thousands of them.” Shiro said as he over looked the evil army.

“What are those?” Kanpan asked as three Covenant drop ships flew in and landed in an opening, the side hatches opened and a bunch of creatures stepped out.

“Those are Covenant Drop Ships, but the things coming out of them aren’t Covenant.”

“They are demons, all above a B class.” Jayme said.

“I’m assuming that’s strong.” Sadge said.

“The ranks are similar to the ranks you Ninja take on, D is lowest, C is most common, B is pretty strong, A is about the same level as Anti-Various, and S is the same as Denkouiki, most of them there are S class.” Foxx explained.

“That is definitely bad.” I coughed through my shirt.



“Where is everyone ?” Naruto asked as only a handful of the ninja he requested showed up for the battle.

“They are all on missions, Lord Hokage.” Sakura said.

“We’ve taken armies before, why can’t we just go?” Kiba asked.

“I think we are all that’s needed.” Hinata said as Gaara, Kankuro and Temari walked up behind Naruto.

“We took on the wave shinobi, why can’t we take on these guys?” Kiba said.

“Your right, it’ll probably fine.” Naruto said. “Let’s go then.”

The fifteen shinobi started out towards the boarder.



“Keep working, I need that thing finished when I come back.” Haku said as he left Searyb’s lab with a bag full of communicators similar to the ones worn by the UNSC.



Naruto saw Haku waiting at the border with a small duffel bag in his hand.

“When we get to the border it’ll only be half an hour ‘till we reach the mountain, Shikamaru, we need a lay out of the battle field.” Naruto said as they rapidly approached Haku.

“Well the mountain was split in half years ago, in-between the two peaks it is ten miles, from the northern base to the southern base it is thirty miles, mostly forest, but in the middle of the two forests is a ten by ten open wasteland, and in the middle of the wasteland is a smaller mountain, now I believe the enemy would be in that wasteland.” Shikamaru explained.

“Sounds great!” Haku said as they finally reached the border. “Now let’s go.”



“Tekigou!” Kaji shouted as he tightened his hands into tight fists.

Tekigou, who was standing atop the mountain in the middle of the wasteland, turned around.

I looked down into the army, they looked like ants from the elevation we were at, then one of them suddenly started to get bigger, one of the zombie ninjas jumped onto the side of the mountain and propelled himself towards us.

He flew right past my face.

“Kedamono Sentou!” I shouted as I turned and kicked him in the head, it spun around and he crashed onto the floor.

“That was close.” Ace said.

“Yeah.” I said, then something heavy hit me in the back, I fell to the floor and was being crushed by the weight of the zombie who had thrown himself on the mountain. “Help!”

Rikka pulled out her bow and shot him in the head two times, he stopped moving.

I pushed the body off of me, “What the hell, didn’t I just kick his head around in a circle?” I asked.

“You sure did, looks like we have more to deal with than we thought.” Ace said as Kaji jumped off the cliff .

“What the hell?” I shouted as he plummeted down towards the massive army beneath us.

“Come on!” Sabaku shouted as he made a slide out of the side of the mountain and everyone slid down the mountain.



“Hinata check the left peak, Neji check the right one.” Naruto commanded as they closed in on the mountain.

“They would have been smart to start with an aerial attack.” Lee said as he caught up with Shikamaru.

“No, they would have been smart to wait for back up with these odds.”

“The left peak is empty.” Hinata said over the COM.

“Same with the right one.” Neji said shortly after.

“They must’ve already started fighting.”  Kiba said.



Kaji hit the ground and sent a massive body of flame into the army of zombies.

“Tekigou, I’m coming for you!” he shouted.

“What’s his problem?” Sabaku asked.

“I have no clue.” I said as I knocked another zombie off his feet.

“We need to force them back.” Foxx shouted as the zombies poured in on our position.

“Got it!” Ace said as he disappeared and a group of zombies flew into the air.

Sadge was throwing in zombies into the air with her vines and tree minions.

“There are still too many of them!” Kumo said as he shot a fire arrow and it went through five zombies.

“Gatsuuga!” Kiba shouted as two tornadoes plowed through the zombies.

“Eight trigram; Two palm, four palm, eight palm, sixteen palm, thirty two palm, sixty four palm!” Neji shouted as he killed sixty four zombies.

“Mind body disturbance technique!” Ino shouted as one of the zombies turned on the others and started killing his allies.

Haku jumped behind me and handed me an ear piece communicator.

Then went and gave the rest of our team them.

“Talk over the COM only, I’m loading a map of the area onto your view screens.” Shikamaru said as Choji inflated and ran over ten zombies.

Temari kept a group of zombies pinned down as Kankuro sent Karasu in there with a poison smoke bomb and his poisoned blades.

Sand swallowed a group of zombies.

“We need to find a way to conserve chakra.” Sakura said as she chopped a zombie in half and punched another’s brains out in one hit.

Naruto sent out a squad of shadow clones to combat the zombies and Lee kicked  zombies head off while Ten Ten stabbed one with her staff.

“Shino help!” Hinata shouted as a wave of zombies charged towards her.

Shino sent his bugs flying and they took care of most the charging zombies.

“There are still too many of them.” Kusaru said over the COM.

Kaji finally calmed down and started killing smart.

Then the ground started to shake and four demons popped out of the ground and started to attack.

Plasma started to rain from the sky and Jirobo came out of the crowd wielding a giant hammer.

He smashed the ground right in front of Choji.

“We need to move back!”  Rikka shouted as she sent three flaming arrows into the crowd of zombies.



“Those stupid ninjas really think they stand a chance,” Tekigou said as he watched the ongoing battle.

“They are foolish father, especially Kaji.” Masurao replied.

“Denkouiki, tell your demons to hold off, why should we lose lives when we can just lose the undead who can be brought back easily.” Tekigou ordered.

Denkouiki hated being told what to do, especially from a human.

He loosened his fist and said: “Yes sir.”

“I’ll take care of it sir.” Kimimaro said.

“The demons left, that’s usually not good.” Foxx said as zombies filled the space that was previously taken by the demons.

“We need to fall back!” Kusaru said.

“No, keep fighting.” Naruto ordered.

“Damn it!” Sadge shouted. “I’m running low on chakra!”

“Here!” Ten Ten said as she threw a sword to Sadge. “Use that.”

“Right.” Sadge replied as she cut a zombie in half.

“Naruto, everyone is now under half their full chakra level.” Shikamaru said as he looked at the biometer on the small headset.

“Alert me when everyone is under one third.” Naruto replied.

“Kusaru and Sadge already are.” Shikamaru said.

“Right.” Naruto said. “Kusaru, Sadge fall back to second line.”

“Got it.” Kusaru said as the two of them moved back.



“Well done Kimimaro.” Denkouiki said as he walked over to his companion.

Kimimaro nodded.

“They are doing better than expected.” Tekigou said as he stood up.

“Should I tell them to hurry with Sauske?” Mijikai asked.

“No, no they can take their time, no matter how long they take those puny ninjas won’t make it here before he’s back.” Tekigou said.



“Ace, Electric Wave!” I shouted as I sent a tidal wave racing towards the enemy and Ace flew into the air and hit the wave with lightning killing another twenty zombies.

Foxx killed a few zombies by crushing them with a tree from the surrounding forest.

Bay hit twelve zombies with a tidal wave and Jayme encased four of them in shadows ripping them in half.

Jace and Jade turned into wolves and started shredding the zombies up with their razor sharp claws.

More plasma hailed us from the sky.

“ I’ll take care of it”  Bay said as she burnt out the plasma with rain.

“Cactus Blossom Jutsu!”  Sabaku shouted as senbon and water rained from the sky.

“Damn them!”  Tekigou shouted.

“I’ll take care of it.”  Masurao said.

“No, just resurrect the zombies.” Tekigou said.

“Yes father.” He said as he walked out of the room.



“We’ve almost got ‘em.”  Lee said as he took out more zombies.

“Not so fast.” Masurao said as he jumped onto a rock.

“You!” Kaji shouted as he saw his brother.

“All you fallen warriors, return from the grasps of hell!” He shouted, then all the dead zombies started to raise.

Kaji jumped at his brother.

“Rasengan!” he shouted as he missed by inches due to his brother’s sudden movement.

“Slow as usual brother.” Masurao said as he kicked Kaji in the stomach and sent him flying back to the canyon wall.

“Naruto we’ve got a problem.”  Haku said as twenty demons walked through the crowd of zombies.

“Those are all S class demons!” Foxx said.

“Now would be a good time to fall back!” Naruto shouted.

Tekigou who was watching the battle from afar laughed at the shinobi’s failed attempts to save their land and laughed. “You will all fail, then you will be part of my army!”

“We can’t take ‘em all!” Lee shouted.



“Alright, now I need a power source. Chakra? No it’ll take too big a toll on the users.”

Searyb said as he wrote down notes in his note book.

“Maybe, I can reduce the power needed by connecting this here, and then by taking out this wire it’ll need seventy five percent less power.” Searyb said as he messed with wires in the machine.

“I’ve got it!” he shouted as a small amount of his chakra drained and the transdimensional teleporter turned on and a map of the universe appeared.

“Now I need to help them.” He said as he ran towards the door.

“Haku, I’m on my way!” Searyb said over the COM.

“No, stay where you are it’s too late.” Haku replied.

“You mean you already won?” Searyb asked.

“I’m afraid not.” He said, then the COM went dead.



“I only have a little bit of chakra left.” I said as I cut down a zombie.

“We have to kill as many as we can!” Naruto said as he killed another zombie.

Two arrows fell from the top of the mountain, one exploded into a grey mist, the other one ignited the mist and caught at least fifty zombies on fire, then a rope fell from the mountain.

“Grab on!” Someone at the two said, Sadge and Kusaru went first because they were completely out of chakra, then three more ropes came down.

When we all go to the top of the mountain the guy threw four grenades down the mountain and killed more zombies.

“I’m Nerothos, a zombie hunter, follow me I’ll take you to a safe house.” He said as he lead the way down the mountain.

“If you ask me he could have been a little sooner.” Ace said as he limped down the path next to me.

“Yeah, but at least he came.” I replied.

“I have food and water at my base. I also have weapons and beds.” Nerothos said.
“Good, next time we’ll need an attack plan.” Naruto said as we walked off into the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment