Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Part Thirteen, Safety Found; Danger Looms!

[Samemaru resumes narrating in this chapter]



Sabaku, Jayme, Searyb and I were swept off the cliff by the force of the wave.
I heard Ace shout; “No!” but Sadge held him back.

“Searyb grab Sabaku, Jayme give me some shuriken!” I shouted as the water pushed us farther down into the seemingly endless abyss.
“Right,” Searyb said as he grabbed the mini gourd shaped back-pack Sabaku wore around his shoulder. “now what?” he asked.
Jayme threw me the shuriken.
“Now, everyone grab onto me!” I shouted as I tied rope through the shuriken and threw them into the cliff in front of us.
The first clip the rope was tied to broke under the weight of the four of us bouncing to a stop, but luckily the back-up clip held.
I then used Rock Launch to dig a hole in the side of the mountain where we climbed to safety.


“Is everyone alright?” Searyb asked as we all made it into the newly formed cave.
“Yeah, I’m fine just really low….. on chakra.” I responded, out of breath.
“You think everyone else is going to be ok?” Jayme asked as she sat down leaning against the wall.
“Well, I think Sabaku could use some rest, so could you.” Searyb said as he checked Sabaku’s vital signs, and heart rate.
“I couldn’t agree more.” I said as I took my jacket off, rung it out and folded it up like a pillow to lie on.
“I’m fine, so I’ll stand guard.” Jayme said
“Alright, I’ll switch with you when you get tired.” Searyb said.
Jayme started to say something after that but I couldn’t keep my eyes open and fell asleep.

“We have to find them!” Ace shouted.
“There are much larger problems to deal with right now.” Haku said as he flipped through his third stack of papers since Ace had entered his chambers.
“You don’t understand.” Ace said as he collapsed to his knees.
“Lord Mizukage, permission to enter.” Sadge asked as she knocked on the door.
“Enter.” He replied.
“I just got back from Konoha-Gakure, and the Hokage ordered Ace and I along with Kaji, Ichigo, Kokoro, Sora, and Mitsukai to go on a mission under Kiba and Kankuro to search for the four missing nin.” Sadge said putting a file on Haku’s desk.
“Fine leave, but hurry back the missions are piling up and you’re not going to meet your quota.” Haku said as he put the file on the stack of papers on his desk.
“Thank you Lord Mizukage.” Sadge said as she bowed and drug Ace from the room.

“Alright we are going to spread out and check the ravine, Ace and Sadge you come with me,” Kiba said. “Sora, and Mitsukai will go with Kankuro and Kaji’s team will be team three.”
“Let’s hit the dirt!” Kankuro said as he tightened his shoulder strap on his puppets.
“Right let’s go!” Kaji said as he put the flame in his hand out.

“Samemaru, wake up!” Jayme said as I felt a nudge at my shoulder.
I opened my eyes, my vision blurred then adjusted to the light.
“Wah. Huh?” I groaned as I sat up and felt a sharp pain in my side.
“We’ve been spotted my enemy shinobi we have to get out of here.” Searyb said as he stood at the mouth of the cave with Sabaku slumped over his back.
“R…right.” I said as I attempted to stand up, I was rewarded with a snapping sound and a face full of dirt. “God damn it!” I shouted as I sat up to see my ankle dislocated.
Searyb set Sabaku down, took out a kunai broke off the tip and put I against my ankle.
“What are you doing?” I asked, as pain shot through my body.
“This way,” Searyb said as he bandaged the kunai to my leg. “Your leg will keep relatively straight and heal quicker.”
‘Man,’ I thought to myself. ‘This guy really knows what he’s doing.’
“We need to leave now!” Jayme said as she pulled her head back into the cave.
“They’re right below us.” She said. “And we’re not in any shape to be fighting.”
“Right, I can lead them away for a while but then we’re on our own.” Searyb said.
“Ok,” Jayme said. “Do it.”
“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!” Searyb shouted as four clones of him appeared from thin air.
“Transform!” the clones shouted as each one of them changed to look like one of us.
“Go!” Searyb shouted as the clones jumped down towards the enemy.
“Samemaru, we need a way out, do you think you can make a tunnel to the top of the mountain?”
“I might be able to,” I said as I attempted to stand up once more, this time I was rewarded with a pain in my foot, but I was standing.
“Rock Launch!” I shouted as the back of the cave exploded and sunlight shone through a hole in the mountain.
“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!” Searyb shouted, making two more clones one to carry me and one to carry Sabaku.

There was a loud thump in the mountains above as Kiba, Ace and Sadge trekked through the valley.
“What was that?” Sadge asked.
“I don’t know but that’s where Kankuro is!” Kiba shouted as he ran in the direction of the explosion.

“Kankuro!” Kiba shouted as they arrived on the scene of a bloody battle.
“Up here!” Kankuro shouted as he waved to the three shinobi from the mouth of a cave in the side of the mountain.
“What are you doing up there?” Sadge asked.
“This was made in the last five days, meaning Samemaru could have been here. Those ninja were fight four of our ninja when we got here but they were just clones.” Sora replied.

After my foot felt better I walked on my own. After about two hours of walking Jayme collapsed.
“We…. Have to rest.” Searyb said breathlessly.
“Agreed.” I said.
“It doesn’t look too safe here though.” Jayme said as she looked over a boulder to see a blood filled battle field.
“Ah, scorch marks, Kaji must have been here.” I said as I looked at the ground near a few dead sound ninja.
“Yeah, but they had to fall back.” Douji said as he walked out of the shadows of the mountain. “But it looks like you’re not in good shape to be running away.”
“Jayme get these two out of here I’ll take care of this guy.” Searyb said as he stood up and looked into Douji’s eyes.
“Right.” Jayme said, feeling the tension between the two ninja.
I got up and helped Jayme carry Sabaku away from the battle.

“Ace, Sadge, Kiba.” Kaji shouted as he ran up to us followed by his group.
“We were attacked by Hajin and Hade but we made it out in time.” Ichigo said.
“That’s not good.” Ace said. “I’ll scout the area to see if I can find Samemaru before they do.” He then disappeared.
“Spiraling Vine!” Sadge shouted as giant vines burst from under her boosting her high into the air. Kiba and Akamaru ran up the vine after her.

“Alright hiretsukan, let’s go!” Searyb shouted as he ran towards Douji.
Then giant waves of water came from behind Searyb.
“What the hell?” Searyb shouted as the first wave washed over him, but he dodged the second one.
“Sorry, was I too early?” Shuuha said as she came out from her hiding place.
‘Damn, two of them this could get ugly.’ Searyb thought as he stood up.

“Jayme, can you carry him by yourself?” I asked as we turned the corner.
“Yeah, you go back and help Searyb.” She said.
“Alright, I’m off then.”

‘If Douji was there Hade, Hajin and Shuuha should be nearby.’ I thought to myself.
‘Yo, Samemaru!’ Sarudai shouted in my head. ‘You can always use that move I taught you.’
‘You said only to use it when completely necessary.’ I replied.
‘I lied to you so you wouldn’t become too attached to that move and forget me.’
Silence.
‘You live in my head it’s nearly impossible for me to forget you.’ I replied.
‘Right,’ he said. ‘oh incoming!’ he said casually.
“Shit!” I yelled as I was hit in the chest with a sound wave from Hade’s guitar.
I heard a scream from behind me and looked back to see Hajin falling from a cliff.
“What the hell?” I heard Hade say.
Then there was a thud as Hajin hit the ground.
“Hey, Samemaru how’s it goin’?” Semajj asked as he floated down from the cliff followed by Seiyuuki and Sheena.
By that time Hajin was back on her feet.
“Sheena and I will take care of things here.” Seiyuuki said as Sheena stepped forward and took out a deck of cards.
“Right,” I said. “Semajj follow me we have to help Searyb. “this way.”
“Hold on.” He said as he grabbed my sleeve.
“What?” I asked as Semajj took out a Kunai.
“This will only take a moment.” He said as he held the kunai above his head and swung down.

“Kamite!” Searyb shouted as his hand glowed yellow gold and he hit Douji in the chest.
There was a gust of wind and Shuuha flew backwards.
“What the hell?” Searyb said as he rubbed his numb hand.
“I heard you were going to be on my cousins FUKA team, just checking in to see how things are.” Semajj said as he forced some rocks in Douji’s direction with a massive gust of wind.
“Ah, glad to see some allies I was getting worried that I was in serious danger.”
“No problem.” Cloud said as he and Sheena walked up from behind Semajj.
There was a distant screaming, Searyb turned around.
“That was Samemaru.” He shouted as he raced through the piles of rocks placed in the canyon.

Denkouiki laughed as the image of Semajj morphed into the Wolf demon’s new body.
“You really are stupid aren’t you?” he asked as Sheena turned into Kimimaro and Seiyuuki turned into a sound ninja.
I looked at my arm, it started to vibrate then water started to pour out of my newly inflicted wound.
I smiled.
“No,” I said as I pulled my arm back and it exploded into millions of droplets of water.
“You are!” I shouted as the water returned to my elbow and my arm returned to normal.
“What was that?” Denkouiki asked in surprise.
“Just a move Sarudai taught me.” I replied.
“Impressive.” He said.
“You think? Check this out!” I shouted.
The sound ninja rushed forward.
“Dassui!” I shouted as all the water from the sound ninja shot out of his body and he collapsed into a pile of dust.
“Hessendan!” Kimimaro shouted as ten bones shot from his fingers and flew towards me.
Seven missed but I was hit in the shoulder, leg and chest.
I fell to the ground.
“Damn it.” I cursed under my breath.
“Well that was too easy.” Hade and Hajin said in unison.
My vision blurred but I saw Jayme run out from the corner she was hiding behind.
I tried to stand up but the support on my ankle broke and I came crashing to the ground.
The shadows around Denkouiki, Hajin, Hade and Kimimaro circled around them as Jayme moved her hands in a circular motion.
Then fire burst from the shadows and consumed the four enemy shinobi and I fainted.

‘There!’ Ace thought to himself. ‘I found them’
Searyb ran towards our hiding place followed by Semajj, Seiyuuki, Sheena and Cloud.
“Semajj, wait up!” Ace shouted as he fell from the sky.
Semajj stopped suddenly causing Sheena to suddenly stop as well but Seiyuuki got bumped by Cloud and they all fell like dominoes.
Searyb turned around. “Ace hurry, Samemaru might be in trouble.” He shouted as Ace landed next to him.
“Alright, I’ll go ahead with them.” He said pointing back at Semajj and the others who were scrambling off the ground. “You stay here and rest, you look like you need rest. Sadge will be here soon and take a look at you hand.” Ace said pointing to Searyb’s bloody hand.
“Right.” Searyb said as he sat on a rock and watched the ninja run off.
“So they left you alone?” Douji asked as he stood behind Searyb. “Rock Smash!” he shouted as two boulders on either side of Searyb rose form the ground and smashed together.

“The smoke from the flare is coming from over this way.” Sadge said as she led the seven ninja towards the signal left by Ace.

By the time Ace and Semajj got to our hiding place Denkouiki and Kimimaro were running away carrying Hajin and Hade.
“What happened?” Ace asked Jayme who was half awake leaning against the mountain.
“I… I don’t know.” She replied.
“We’ll wait for Sadge and the others then we’ll head back to the village.” Ace said.
“Oh no!” Sadge shouted as she saw Searyb on the floor a few feet away from Douji and Shuuha who were also incapacitated.
Then there was a big flash of light and Douji and Shuuha disappeared.
“What was that?” Kaji asked.
“Most likely Denkouiki.” Kankuro said.
Kiba carried Searyb and they meet up with us and made our way back to the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment